Sunday, February 11, 2018

Review: Under Wraps

Under Wraps Under Wraps by Hannah Jayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What an adorable and quirky start to a series! I admit to having finished this series with the last two books without having read the first few. A bunch of time has passed, so I completely don't remember how the series ends, so it's almost like starting fresh.

Sophie is in a very strange position of being a mostly human person who can see through magic. She has some magic in her family line, but currently displays none. Her job puts her into a unique spot, locking her werewolf boss up at night, navigating the complex cultures of the other supernaturals, and then being tasked with working with a relatively normal police detective to hunt down a supernatural killer.

Parker, said detective, straddles the annoying and attractive line, but that doesn't stop Sophie from pining for him. Her vampire roommate, and her very gothy vampire nephew, however, are a little more hesitant. As the mystery progresses, nobody is safe from suspicion, and much danger ensues. I found I couldn't put the book down once I started and was able to tear through it in about a day. If all the books keep this up, I'll happily finish this series in record time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment