Monday, February 19, 2018

Review: Under Attack

Under Attack Under Attack by Hannah Jayne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed. After the first book and having enjoyed the last few of the series, I guess I just expected to really tear through these books without wanting to stop. This book was good, don't get me wrong, but after the first book, I didn't enjoy this one nearly as much.

Sophie is still exactly who she started out as. She loves her job, surrounds herself with paranormals, and yet yearns to just be a normal girl. Oh, there's also the on-again/off-again relationship with fallen angel Alex Grace. While I didn't exactly love him in book 1, I found myself almost actively hating him in this one. The cocky attitude coupled with his inability to protect Sophie (she gets super beat up in this book!) made me wish Sophie could just quit him. The larger story, while very much leading into a bigger storyline, involved Sophie crying about 90% of the time while getting her butt kicked.

The story of the vessel hunt and the big bad here in the form of Ophelia made for a story where we learned what may or may not be true for Sophie's family tree. I completely don't remember how this series ends, so I'm in for the full ride, eager to start the next book. I'll hope for Sophie hooking up with the new character and dump Alex Grace (which probably won't happen) and will hope for more Nina, who is sadly becoming my preferred female character in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment