Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Review: Malediction

Malediction Malediction by Melissa F. Olson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This little short story was everything I wanted it to be. It mashed the two stories together in a way that was totally organic and made me happy to still not have to go back into Jesse’s drama. I hope he gets his act together before we see him again.

As a follow-up to the cliffhanger-ish ending of the first Boundary Witch book, we knew that Lex had to go to LA to figure out what really happened to her sister. If you’ve read the other series, you already know, but it was still heart wrenching to watch Lex have to go through the discovery. She also had to be forcefully introduced to the Old World in LA, which is definitely a departure from how things work in Colorado. I was particularly happy that we got this little glimpse into how things are going without having to commit to a full-fledged book. Nice to visit, but glad I didn’t have to stay.

Needless to say, we do get answers for Lex and some perhaps unflattering views of the other paranormals in LA. I probably enjoyed how Lex reacted to Scarlett a little too much, but sometimes she could use a little bit of Lex’s tough love. I’m interested to see where Lex takes this new information and new world view.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment