Thursday, June 8, 2017

Review: Reborn

Reborn Reborn by C.C. Hunter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Admittedly, I have no read any of the original “Shadow Falls” series of which this is obviously a spin-off from. That being said, this appears to be a separate storyline following Della and her friends (and drama) so I hope to not be missing too much. There is some missing set up of this world, but other than that, it seemed OK as a standalone read.

Della, the main character, is a vampire teenager who has daddy issues, awesome friends, and an unyielding determination to prove herself worth of school mentor’s praise. Oh, and she’s got drama. Lots and lots of drama. She’s trying to avoid officially dating a hot shifter, even though he’s pretty much bending over backwards to take care of her. On top of that, she’s also in a hate/love/hate relationship with the obnoxious new vampire kid in school. The bigger story? There’s a murder, a weird illness, a missing cousin, and Della wants to find out if anyone else in her family ever became a vampire like her. What gets solved? Not much other than the murder. There are so many starts to stories in here that it’s clear there are going to be many more books to follow them to the finish.

Even with all these loose ends, there was really only one reason I think I’m done with this series – I hate Della. I really tried to like her, especially since we are in her head 100% of the time. She is a teenager who is filled with way too much angst and attitude for one person to handle. She constantly snipes at everyone around her. Sure, there are supernatural forces at play, but that doesn’t give you my “pissy pass.” She is probably the only reason I am not dying to pick up the next book in the series. I don’t think I want to go back into her head… ever. I kept waiting for her to get better or grow on me, but I just constantly wanted to smack her.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment