Saturday, February 25, 2017

Review: Saved by Darkness

Saved by Darkness Saved by Darkness by Katie Reus
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book can definitely be read as a standalone glimpse into this world. I have read a few in the series, but skipped some before this one and it didn't impact my enjoyment of this story one bit.

Ian is a half-demon/half-dragon shifter who is a little damaged. He's already found his mate, but her family forcibly separated them a few decades ago. He obviously has not moved on, even knowing that she's supposedly mated to someone else (and it's unbreakable). Everything changes for him, however, when the pack he is reluctantly aligned with informs him of her location - right next to their territory. Not only is she nearby, but she is also completely unmated.

Fiona is a woman who is going to great lengths to protect the person her dragon has identified as her mate. She takes the threat her family issued very seriously, and knows if she pursues Ian, they'll do something terrible. Don't worry, though, she ends up breaking all her rules when everyone is dragged into a big conspiracy to wipe out the human race. While working in close company, Fiona and Ian can't but rekindle their romance.

This story was quick paced, engaging, and very well written. Like I said earlier, even skipping a few books in the series didn't hinder my enjoyment. The characters were so enjoyable that I was willing to overlook the standard issue martyr thing (where one character sacrifices to try to "save" the other). The sizzling chemistry was right on and I didn't really expect the ending when it arrived. I'd eagerly read the rest of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment