Saturday, February 25, 2017

Review: Fearless

Fearless Fearless by Stacey Wallace Benefiel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was another book that I put off reading for way too long. I love this world (starting from the Zellie Wells series) and the author's voice is one of my favorites. There's just the right amount of grittiness and sarcasm to make me smile almost all the time. Penny's story was something I just didn't want to finish.

In this rather short installment, we really wrap up the retroact storyline. Whenever there is time travel involved, I get a little turned around, but Penny's tale was always bound to get confusing. When last we left everyone, things were looking pretty bad. Penny was hanging out with her younger grandmother, watching a vision that was predicting some awful things. They'd left a trail of dying/possibly dead friends in their time travel wake and everything was up in the air. Luckily, Penny succeeds in getting some help from another time, all while finding some more clues.

The ultimate ending here is Penny's decision. She's got god-like powers essentially, so she has to choose what she wants the future to look like and how she'll get there. And, of course, it'd be nice if she got a teensy bit of her own HEA. Even reluctant heroes deserve a happy ending. All in all, I was happy to see where things ended up, but wish I got even more of Penny.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment