Sunday, August 30, 2026

The Gate of the Feral Gods

The Gate of the Feral Gods (Dungeon Crawler Carl, #4)The Gate of the Feral Gods by Matt Dinniman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love everything about these books. The ending of this one, though - that was a lot and I’m sure we are in for it with the next installment.

Flying gnomes, balloon airships, evil-ish children, and so much more end up hunting and hurting our crawlers in this book. Looking back, it seems like a chaotic situation, maybe even more so this time around than the previous levels, but that could also be because there was a big time out in the middle of it all because Carl is a genius. Without spoilers I was especially proud of how Carl has been sneaking in tidbits from the cookbook in the most dramatic ways possible. I did feel like Donut took a little bit of a back seat in this book, which was disappointing, but it allowed for Carl to work with the rest of the core crawler group in a way that may be setting up the guild features in future levels.

I’m sure there will be repercussions from the way Carl ended up saving himself and everyone else, but another jaw dropping moment that shocked me to the core. There are so many things that we haven’t seen pan out yet that I’m so worried about - the ring, does Carl know anyone who wrote in the cookbook, what’s he doing with that head, etc. I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment