The Dungeon Anarchist's Cookbook by Matt DinnimanMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I am flying through these audiobooks one after the other so forgive me if this review is a little light. I forgot to come back and review immediately following so I’m already done with the book after this one at time of review.
I hear some people don’t like this one for some reason but this saws a bit of a turning point for me with Katia. I really did not like her in the previous but this one sold me on her as a solid addition to the ever evolving group of characters that orbit around Carl and Donut. There were some genuinely jaw dropping events in this book that had me completely shocked. There are also, as maybe more expected, a huge number of laugh out loud moments (some very gruesome involving Mongo).
I don’t really know how to review these books other than in very broad strokes - we get a lot of trains and we learn a lot about how Carl will be using the cookbook. Maybe it’s my own experience in other series, but I found myself worried about every decision this crew made with the spaces, prizes, and teaming up to save so many others. I shouldn’t have worried, though, because Carl is the best. This book is also a bit of a turning point for the NPCs and how they are used or manipulated both by the crawlers in this case and the evil corporations. Oh, and don’t even get me started on the beautiful moment with the hats. These books are like wonderful candy for my brain so I’ll continue reading them until I catch up.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment