Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Lover’s Knot

Lover's Knot (Dorina Basarab, #3.5)Lover's Knot by Karen Chance
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For something that I know causes a lot of drama even up until the book in Cassie’s series that I stalled on recently, this book was super confusing and weird. I know, it’s a +0.5 so I shouldn’t expect the world, but… still! I was just getting used to liking this world and this character! Now I feel like I’m a little less excited.

Dorina and Dory (the two parts of the whole) are still figuring things out, which for us means that we get weird Mircea flashbacks in the middle of a scene that seemingly have no rhyme or reason. Because of this, I never really got on board with the weird fashion world story or the weird plane drama. Overall it felt very much like a Cassie book because of the amount of mayhem and insanity jammed into one little story. Since I’m trying to let Cassie’s primary storyline cool off until I forget how much I stopped enjoying that, this was like a slap in the face here. I enjoy Dory’s story because it’s less grandiose (think Spider-Man level drama vs insane Superman/Batman/Other Avenger Drama). Meh, I’ll continue on, but this was a dud for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment