Friday, October 14, 2022

Fury’s Kiss

Fury's Kiss (Dorina Basarab, #3)Fury's Kiss by Karen Chance
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I… I think I just became a fan of Dory/Dorina in this book. Something about the right combination of backstory, insanity, Ray, and saving the day has made me want to read more of this series. I admit to pushing myself through a few books but this one changed me (I think).

In this book we spend a lot of time in Dory’s head trying to fix her issues. Don’t worry, she is still filled with issues by the end (maybe even more?), but it wasn’t as painful as you might expect. I honestly found more interest in her than the overall storyline. What was the story about? I guess faerie and smugglers and portals or something. It results in a huge battle at the end of the book and some earth shattering revelations. Meh. The big reveal was really about the division between Dory (the human/vampire) and Dorina (the vampire/human). It makes sense. Sort of.

Turns out, Mircea isn’t such a bad guy. He loves his daughter and to try to save her, built some divide between her two natures. This helped keep her alive but is having some unsettling consequences in this book where she’s losing more time. Oh, and there’s some child? Lots of side quests here. I’ll focus on the part I enjoyed - we get to see the true dynamic between father and daughter, and daughter and herself play out in a really unique way in that it all happens in her head. As this series plays out, I find myself enjoying Mircea, “Du”, L-C, and Dory a lot more. Not to mention Ray, who is obnoxiously voiced in the audiobook, but is kind of saving the day here. I’m eager to see where this whole Senate storyline goes in the next book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment