Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Garrett's Destiny

Garrett's Destiny (Dark Protectors #15)Garrett's Destiny by Rebecca Zanetti
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a long strange ride it has been to finally get Garrett’s book. He’s been a character that has either been on the fringe of or the star of books in the past. Now that he’s grown up and plays a more adult role (as basically a womanizer), I’ve been waiting for him to meet his match. This book did not disappoint.

I admit - I was a little worried that I wouldn’t like grown up Garrett. He’s been with the motorcycle club and the shifters for so long, trying to find a mate that is destined to try to kill him, but still ride on the back of his motorcycle. Coming from a family of other powers, I’m sure he’s struggled to find his place in their world. Being on his own (yet somehow with a pack) makes him into the man he is today, and when confronted with insurmountable odds, he just leans in.

So - who does he get matched with? Don’t worry, it’s not a regular in the series, or anything that you’d expect. Her name might be Destiny, but that’s where the standard storyline ends. She’s for all appearances 100% human and also inexperienced in all ways. After running into his gang seemingly by random, Garrett and her begin their mating dance with the usual suspicion, secrets, and reveals playing out. Destiny has some whoppers when they come out and it made me worry for Garrett’s ability to have a HEA. Just when I thought we got over one hurtle, another popped up in surprising ways. For a series so many books deep, you’d think you would stop being surprised but I couldn’t have predicted this story at all! I was completely satisfying by the ending, though we are left with lots of larger plot lines that really need wrapping up. Here’s hoping for some really big battles in our future!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment