Monday, August 29, 2022

Darius

Darius (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #.5)Darius by J.R. Ward
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was such a refreshing look at the BDB world, before all the additional storylines, when killing Lessers was the primary objective and nobody was mated.

As a prequel, I’m not sure this should be read earlier in the series, though. You need to know where we end up to truly appreciate the end of the tale. We get to see Darius as the glue that held the brothers together in their toughest times, before they all lived together and had loves. When they were all just wild and crazy, going out there to protect the world, even though they were losing. What is this story really about, though? It’s Anne and Darius’s screwed up love story and I loved it all.

We know how this all ends so it was a little bittersweet to watch the courtship happen in the most unconventional of ways. That being said, I still had hope and love for these two as they navigated a horrible place and time for them both. Oh, and Fritz! Talk about glue holding the BDB together - he’s the best! Like I said, as we all know where this goes, it was a little bittersweet to watch it all play out, but it’s was the best I could hope for. We also get a flash forward that requires the knowledge of current day BDB to appreciate.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment