Friday, September 2, 2022

Bad Girls Drink Blood

Bad Girls Drink BloodBad Girls Drink Blood by S.L. Choi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was a nice blend of fantasy, action, and mystery with a little smut thrown in for good measure.

Lane is a no nonsense blood fae hybrid who has become a bit of an unofficial leader of the business she and her two other sisters run. As the “heavy hitter” of the bunch, this makes sense, but this trio definitely balance each other out. While they may not be the same variety of paranormal, they are a close knit bunch. During a failed business run, Lane ends up at the local paranormal bar to do some business and check on things when a simple decision ends up putting her on a bigger quest. Said quest involves lots of secrets shaking loose, Lane further discovering her skills (aka monster of monsters status), and a massive amount of damage.

I’d be hard pressed to categorize this book because while it is definitely not a romance at the center, it has some elements of that in the form of a sexy barkeep and one ornery blood fae. The action is almost the center stage act here because it was AMAZING, especially in the last act. I enjoyed meeting all the players and as book 1, I assume we will definitely revisit them. I felt like by the time I finally got the world built in my head, we had sadly reached the end. This book may have taken some time to get cooking, but when it did I couldn’t stop!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment