Friday, August 19, 2022

The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us Forward

The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us ForwardThe Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us Forward by Daniel H. Pink
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book as part of a professional organization's book club meeting and was so happy to have discovered it. This book was set up in such a way, with relatable stories in between that keep you completely engaged from start to finish. I wanted to know what happened to all the people mentioned!

I won't try to oversimplify the book, because it's definitely worth a read (or a listen, as I did). The general concept is that, similar to cognitive behavioral therapy, if you acknowledge regret, you can learn from it. It should be applied sparingly, lest you fall into the regret-averse crowd too much, but he goes through all the data and reasoning behind finding a good balance. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking to reframe their mindset.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment