Saturday, January 22, 2022

Confessions of a Puppetmaster

Confessions of a PuppetmasterConfessions of a Puppetmaster by Charles Band
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In an attempt to break out of my PNR shell, I grabbed this book for review. I'm a big fan of full moon entertainment, grew up on puppetmaster and ghoulies, movie rentals, and all the other wonderful things that this book details.

So - what is this book about? Charles Band is one of the key figures in the wonderful world of awesome horror. He's had a full and varied life, filled with lots of risks and craziness, but balanced with production of some wonderfully weird movies. I'm not going to go through the details, but I will say that his storytelling is very engaging. I couldn't stop this book once I started, so got through the whole book in a single day. I did this via kindle, but I'm sure the audiobook is also amazing. You can feel his energy coming through the page even when it's written word.

I would (and have already) recommend this book to anyone who is a horror fan in the age range of 30-50, or who appreciates the wonderful world of full moon entertainment. I learned a lot about the history and background behind what went into establishing the films I appreciate.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment