Saturday, November 6, 2021

Kiss of a Demon King

Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #6)Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These books all take a bit of a weird timeline approach, but this one is set in the time pre-car crash from the previous book, to after the end of the previous book.

Rydstrom ends up captured by Sabine, who is sister to his archnemesis. As if that isn't bad enough, it takes him out of the quest for the magical sword forged to kill said archnemesis. That is somewhat forgotten when, of course, it turns out that Sabine is Rydstrom's fated mate. There is a lot of tying up, sexy times, a bit of questionable consent that even includes crying, but then ultimately a HEA. We saw a little snippet from the previous book, and I was concerned I would not be able to support Sabine being matched with anyone, but she really does grow on you.

This book pretty neatly ties up the big Rydstrom/brother drama/quest for crown thing nicely. I appreciate that it took several books to build to this, but the end result was worth it. I still have about a hundred questions, but we have so many more books to go, that I can definitely wait for more resolution than we got. I hope we see some of these characters ultimately get their own books and pair off happily, too. Especially Sabine's sister!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment