Saturday, November 6, 2021

Black and Blue

Black and Blue (Otherworld Assassin, #2)Black and Blue by Gena Showalter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sigh. I guess I knew we would have to somehow redeem Corbin after his entrance in Noelle's book, but I somehow thought it would be less of this. That didn't stop me from enjoying another one of these books. There was the usual set of stuff we didn't need at all that would probably benefit from some editing, but overall, it was a fun chase that ended with a HEA.

Corbin and Evie are frenemies. Her father is Corbin's employer/father figure and it has all sorts of baggage with it. It doesn't help that Corbin has a reputation of being a man-whore around town, cheating on all his girlfriends constantly. It's for the job, of course, but the world somehow doesn't know that. Don't worry, though, these two end up getting identified as spies all over the place, making their future world super suspect (but I'm getting ahead of myself).

So, how do these two people who hate each other end up together? Well, we join the scene of the bombing from Corbin's perspective this time, which gives us a look at his time on the run, which leads him to the only un-bombed part of the team (sort of) - Evie. She is (lucky for Corbin) a surgeon, so she patches him up and they begin their obligatory romance. There's even a big of a mystery (not so big), that ends up putting them both to work tracking down leads and whatnot. At the end of this one, we see everyone reunited and ready for another installment? We only have a novella, though, so I have some doubts that John will get more screen time...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment