Thursday, September 16, 2021

Saved by the Spell

Saved by the Spell (House of Magic #2)Saved by the Spell by Susanna Shore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have been dying to see where this series takes me, and this installment did not disappoint. While I think you can probably play catch up if you started the series here, it's probably better to go back to book 1, where Phoebe enters the "house of magic."

Poor Phoebe. She's had a rough go of it. She lost her home, but found a new one, but also went through the traumatic event of being cursed, learning about all sorts of paranormals, and then being told she isn't even a drop magical. New book, new chances, right? Well, unfortunately, after meeting a lovely man on her way to work, she finds herself paranormally repulsive to men. Her boss breaks the news to her, which leads them all on the hunt to find the fix.

There are quite a few twists and turns, but this book was pleasantly short and sweet when it came to the "big bad." While I was sad about the reveal (poor Pheobe), we end the book with a renewed sense of things to come for our girl. I am really enjoying this series, and most especially the characters that are Phoebe's new roommates in this wonderfully weird world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment