Sunday, January 31, 2021

Wild Hunger

Wild Hunger (Heirs of Chicagoland, #1)Wild Hunger by Chloe Neill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I gotta say, if I didn't just finish the previous and original book series, I am not sure this book would be anything special. Knowing the history and all the supporting characters gave this an extra push for another star, and because I can't seem to stop any series I start, we will continue on to the rest of the books in this series, too.

Elisa is the only child of 2 vampires. Lots of magic and drama got the job done, but she's been raised in one of the most loving and protective environments. Timing-wise, it seems nice that she had built in friends in the form of the son of the shifter apex and the daughter of two super duper sorcerers. Those relationships are both a little different than I (and their parents) probably expected them to be exactly like them. While we definitely get some similar characters (Theo is Jeff 2.0, right?), this doubles down on the political mystery and intrigue angle and focuses less on the "being a vampire" thing that the original series did. Elisa, luckily, is pretty used to being a vampire.

So, what's the main story here? Elisa is in the vampire equivalent of a student exchange program and that puts her in service of the French delegation to peace talks that, of course, are happening in Chicago. That puts her in the place to face a sexy childhood friend in the form of Connor as well as her "secret monster." Both of these will probably end up going hand-in-hand, what with Connor being used to sharing skin with something "other." The big mystery involves someone trying to sabotage the peace talks and some rumblings both literal and figurative in Chicago. I'm interested enough to get where this series will take me. I'm also interested in the budding relationship and the inevitable reveal of all these secrets.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment