Sunday, January 31, 2021

Ritual Magic

Ritual Magic (World of the Lupi, #10)Ritual Magic by Eileen Wilks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm going to put a disclaimer on this book that I would read anything with Lily & Rule in it. I love them, their relationship, this world, and all the characters. As we creep closer to their wedding, I'm like a fan girl waiting for it.

This book throws them another curve ball and takes away Lily's mother's memories for all her years after age 12. This is, of course, a magical mischief scenario, but not one they've encountered before. Since Friar, the big bad, made a getaway at the end of the last book equipped for elven mischief, it's only natural that it would materialize here. Oh, and Drummond is back! Lots of good stuff in here, and while it takes some bad things to gather all my favorites together, we get a ton of characters thrown in.

I really enjoy the way these books address beliefs and the core of a person. This in combination with the methodical way Lily investigates makes these books such a joy to read. I'm not usually one for police procedurals but this world is highly addictive and I'm not sure I could stop if I tried. We get a great happy ending in this story that has me eager to go right back into this world, but I know I will eventually run out of books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment