Thursday, July 4, 2019

Review: The Trouble With Vampires

The Trouble With Vampires The Trouble With Vampires by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have an Argeneau addition and nothing can cure it. No matter how many formulaic stories I read, I just keep coming back for more! The overall storyline is still continuing (trying to track down the mad scientist) but I can't even blame that for me being an Argeneau addict. Maybe there's something comfortable in this very predictable world, but either way, I will continue reading these until the series ends, which is probably never.

Santo is one of the few immortals we know who hasn't found his mate yet. He's the bald, broody one that we've met before, but really didn't get much backstory on. This book (obviously) is where we get all of the gory details. Santo ends up starring in this story because he is one of the immortals following up on a vampire related lead, which will hopefully end up leading the troops to the big bad vampire scientist. That's not the main story, though, because there's a human woman involved. I know, you're shocked.

Petronella (I know, I couldn't stop thinking of mosquito repellant either) is taking care of her nephew when some strange happenings occur. First, there's the introduction to the inhuman next door neighbors (the Notte's), then there's the almost home invasion, and it all gets truly crazy from there. There's lots of life mate stuff, both Pet and Santo have oodles of baggage, and then there's the traditional martyr behavior that muddies everything up. It all ends in a HEA for these two, but no resolution in the bigger story. On to more books! Who is even left to pair up here?

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment