Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Review: Driving Mr. Dead

Driving Mr. Dead Driving Mr. Dead by Molly Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since I saw that this book was not a full numbered book in the series, I guess I assumed it would be a short story. It totally is not a short story! This may be a longer book than some I’ve read in a full-fledged series. So, that minutia aside, this definitely did more to get me back into this world than the previous book.

This book sort-of/kind-of branches off of the previous Iris book. Miranda is a bit of a free-spirit, jumping between jobs and leaving a path of destruction in her wake. When Iris decides to take a stab at running the new arm of her company, she needs someone to physically transport the vampires. Miranda was looking for an escape from town after discovering her fiancĂ© has been less than faithful. For some reason, she decides to “think it over” on her job, but I believe we can all agree there should be no coming back from what he did. It only gets worse from there on out.

Collin is an uptight vampire who hasn’t traveled in a really long time. The last thing he probably expects at his door (late) is a walking, talking jinx. She just cannot seem to get through anything without an incident of some sort. Lucky for him, it mutes his annoying ability and leads to some of the most exciting days in his very long life. Of course, there’s romance, although I almost could have done without it. Maybe that’s based on first impressions, but I never got fully onboard with the Collin love interest angle. I think Miranda can do better. We get some familiar faces thrown in here and there to keep it current with the world, but it can probably be read as a standalone story. I’m slightly more eager now to dive into the next of the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment