Saturday, June 29, 2019

Review: Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues

Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues Even Tree Nymphs Get the Blues by Molly Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm new to Molly Harper, but have a few of her books in my "to-read" pile, based on friend recommendations. I should have known I would enjoy her writing style but it actually took it showing up as included for audible before I took the plunge. Oops, didn't realize this was part of a series already in progress, but, eh, you can probably dive in wherever with these types of books. I'm sure I'll swing back around and check out book 1 & 2 later on.

This book joins a Tree Nymph, Ingrid, as she starts out on her business venture - making ice cream for people. Her passion was discovered when she was deep in a state of depression and it only makes sense that she would help others by making some of the most delicious ice cream that this secluded paranormal town has ever seen. It's quickly apparent soon after arriving that her solitary life is at an end. No matter how much she tries to push people away, they just keep showing up and trying to be her friend.

Then there is Rob Aspern. He is immediately smitten by Ingrid. These two suffer from the usual paranormal misunderstandings, but no matter how awkward and strange they are, they find a way to be adorable. This story was filled to the brim with quirky and funny goings on that left me determined to add the rest of these books (and Molly Harper's other serieses) to my wishlist, ensuring they will get on my iphone shortly, for even more wit-filled enjoyment. I can't believe it took me this long to read one of her books and I highly recommend her to anyone else who loves paranormal romance like I do.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment