Monday, April 15, 2019

Review: Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic

Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic by Meghan Ciana Doidge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I admittedly took a really long time to get from book 1 to book 2, but was somehow able to dive right into this magical, wild world of Jade’s. Warning: Do not read this book while hungry because there is a lot of cupcake and chocolate talk throughout. Yum!

We join Jade, the cupcake maker, 3 months after her world was essentially shattered. Her foster sister, Sienna, went all darkside with blood magic. There were some casualties along the way, and Jade is still working to recover. Between baking for a living, navigating her relationship with her mother, and grieving, she’s finally getting a crash course in all things magical and other that had been withheld from her growing up. The magic in this book was so interesting that it really sucked me in. I love when a book can surprise me with a twist on typical paranormal.

Given the opportunity to make some sort of amends, she dives right in with very little information (which is not really her fault). Throughout the book, we get to watch her magical abilities grow and develop – and we even get to the end of this book with some *serious* answers to open questions. I am completely hooked on this world and the characters within – even the growly ones! If this is how this series continues, I will eagerly binge through them all.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment