Saturday, April 6, 2019

Review: Boundary Broken

Boundary Broken Boundary Broken by Melissa F. Olson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm addicted to these books. Something about Lex is just so compelling. She takes on so much responsibility, is a constant soldier, and yet remains really likable to me. I also enjoy that she messes up in ways I'm not mad at her for, if that makes sense.

Lex is still working as daytime security for the local big bad vampire and trying to juggle a relationship with a vampire, being a great aunt to a null, and fulfill all her other obligations (rescue pets included). A while ago she promised to repay a debt to a somewhat local werewolf. One night he comes calling and it just goes downhill from there. Lots of people die in horrible ways. Evil horrible people return. So much badness goes on and Lex is seemingly helpless to stop it, no matter how amazing her powers are.

Ultimately, a sort of happy compromise is reached and most people get out alive. These books are not kind to characters, but watching them evolve is really wonderful. Even Lex, the perfect soldier, ends up stuck in lots of no win situations here. The witches play pretty prominently in her drama, but she still tries to please them. I feel for her, and am looking forward to what waits for her in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment