Monday, April 15, 2019

Review: John's Yearning

John's Yearning John's Yearning by Tina Folsom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These books always deliver a solid story, good characters, and a HEA ending to make you smile. This book was no exception.

We met John in a previous book and he’s got oodles of baggage. He lost his previous mate in a pretty horrible way and now he’s justifiably reluctant to get into any real relationships. He’s become a workaholic to hide from his demons, but this only ends up pushing them back to the surface when he gets assigned review of a kidnapping case involving kids. Savannah is desperate to get her little girl back and John might be the only person who can do that. Even after being told not to pursue this non-supernatural case, John is drawn to protect this poor little girl with the unfortunate name of Buffy.

Savannah and John were a little bit of a strange couple. Their relationship grew out of this very high stress situation, but became a real thing, even at the end. That and the mystery of the kidnapping were the highlights of the book. Man, I still hate Grayson. Some of that younger generation is super annoying, so I hope we don’t have to spend much more time with them. There were also parts of this book that made it clear I should probably have read the spinoff series. That being said, I was still able to enjoy it all. I’m glad I picked this book up, because now we have some closure for poor John.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment