Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Review: The Mind Thieves

The Mind Thieves The Mind Thieves by Lori Brighton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What would you do if someone told you that your past and everything you believed was a lie?

I read the original book in this series a long time ago and marked this one to read in the future. I guess I didn't realize exactly how far in the future I would be trying to dive right in. Lucky for me, the main character doesn't remember anything either!

We join Cameron after her memory has been erased. She's got lots of magical mind powers, but no recollection of the life she lives as recent as a few months ago. All of that changes abruptly when she is forced to leave her comfortable home and go on the run from some possibly evil but definitely deadly mind readers and their associates. This book was an exercise in betrayal. I felt very much like Cameron, in that I had no clue who to trust and who were my actual allies. I absolutely *hated* some of her relatives and was just rooting for her to kick everyone's butt in the end here.

The end of this book, we need to talk about, even if it is in loose terms. There is a big ole cliffhanger and no real resolution. I was left staring at the last page in shock and disappointment. The rest of the book was interesting and engaging, but I just don't get why I couldn't get *some* sort of answer to... something? I guess the point is to get you hooked on the series, but, as you can see by the time between books for me, that is not really going to work. Sadly, I'll probably say goodbye to Cameron here, and wish her well in her love triangle, amnesia filled, mind power world.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment