Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Review: Gathering Storm

Gathering Storm Gathering Storm by Victoria Danann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am so conflicted about this one. Is it my favorite? Or is it my least favorite? There are parts that I really loved, but then out of nowhere it would turn dark. I guess it's just too much of a mixed bag to decide, so I'll go with the higher rating here.

The story starts as normally as they all do, except for a freak accident that lands Storm in another dimension with no way home. Litha is obviously pissed at her demon father, who was transporting her husband at the time. Everyone offers to help search, but at the same time, there is the little matter of Storm's daughter. She's aging rapidly and is turning out to be just as exceptional as they expected.

This wouldn't be a Knights of the Black Swan book without another storyline and this one is a resurrection of one I thought we abandoned. Remember when soldiers from another dimension were trying to kill Elora? Well, they apparently still want to do that. They have gone to extremes to find "volunteers" that can make the trip and actually make a good attempt at killing Elora. While all of this is happening, for some reason that I don't quite understand, the knights are training an accidental replacement Storm to pretend to be Storm. Again, not really sure why, especially given his rather dark introduction. At the end of all this craziness, we do get a pretty good HEA with quite a few loose ends tied up (remember Kay? and Z team?). I'm still pretty conflicted, but the ending left me satisfied.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment