Thursday, December 13, 2018

Review: Secret Lives

Secret Lives Secret Lives by Sierra Dean
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gosh, it feels good to visit with old friends! It has been a pretty long time since I've spent some time with Secret. Yes, there's a spinoff series that I should have probably been reading but I tend to commit to the "end" of a series. I guess that shows me! Now this series has been resurrected (haha) and I'm sucked right back in. It's almost been long enough that I had forgotten how many questionable decisions Secret makes.

We join Secret some time after her becoming a real human. After all her drama surrounding the werewolf side and the vampire side of her nature, I guess she assumed being human might slow that down. Nope! Her husband still wants her firmly on Team Werewolf, her vampire ex-boyfriend manages to lure her into Tribunal work, oh, and she is just content to stay away from all these crazies and lay in the sun on the other coast. Laying in the sun does come with the nasty side-effect of working for the government, fighting evil doers, and stopping the apocalypse all the damn time. This time in particular there are really huge demons involved.

I guess that's important? The most awesome part of this book, though, was visiting with these familiar friends. God, I could listen to Secret's witty quips forever! Her and her new BFF demon had me smiling from page 1. The banter is top notch here and so is the adorable quirky world that we get to visit. Yes, lots of death defying acts, usually due to Secret's inability to plan anything properly, and yes, there is a big vampire thing going on, but I would absolutely read anything about Secret as long as we get tons of dialogue (inner and outer) to keep me smiling.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment