Friday, November 30, 2018

Review: Serpentine

Serpentine Serpentine by Laurell K. Hamilton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

At this point, you know what you’re getting from an Anita Blake book. If you don’t, then what are you doing here?!

This book was much the same, with the bonus added flavor of Edward/Ted’s wedding being the backdrop. Do things go well? Of course not! There is a lot of sex (although, actually, not that much), lots of action (way more than usual, I think), and too much Otto. If any of things turn you off, what are you doing here?! Yes, I am frequently frustrated by the amount of time Anita spends dealing with relationship troubles during crisis times (when people could be dying!), but I write it off as part of her “charm.” Things that were different about this book, though, were that sometime my frustration was actually with Nathaniel, Micah, and this new chick, Dixie. Man, I really hated her and she seemed to end up just being a throwaway in the end. These books never really get a huge review from me because you could probably predict the contents without even picking up the book. It’s nice in the predictability of it all.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment