Friday, November 30, 2018

Review: Your Wildest Dreams

Your Wildest Dreams Your Wildest Dreams by Tawdra Kandle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These books are so wonderfully gritty and real. Just when I thought I was done with the Nate saga, this book took me right back there, only from a different angle.

If you’ve read the previous books in this series, you have seen the Eli/Zelda romance from the outside in little hints and whatnot. If this is your first book in the series – welcome! You’re really in for quite a ride. I’m not sure if it’s better to know the outcome of the drama that is Zelda and Eli’s friends or to be surprised, but either way you will be in for a journey. This book starts dark – fair warning. Zelda’s life has a lot of ups and downs that make her a bit of a damaged person. Eli, also, has his fair share of drama, mostly in the form of the accident that left him paralyzed. These two are a very unlikely pair, but I found myself rooting for them every step of the way (even the steps filled with cringe-worthy decisions).

When we met (or re-meet) Zelda at college, she’s embraced her “I don’t care what people think” lifestyle, largely due to the life changing experience she shared with Eli when she was younger. Eli, having no current recollection of said event, seems mystified but enthralled by Zelda from the start. With this large secret looming, it seems impossible that these two could end up together, but inch-by-inch they make their way towards one another. These books certainly have one thing in common – you are constantly surprised at how much you can get behind a very flawed set of people. It’s these realistic flaws that keep me coming back for more.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment