Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Review: The Awakening: A Wolf Creek Falls Novel

The Awakening: A Wolf Creek Falls Novel The Awakening: A Wolf Creek Falls Novel by S.D. Vieau
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book took me all sorts of placing that I was not expecting! I figured this would be a tame little coming of age story about a witch but then it started getting dark and dirty (in a good way).

Cara is a girl who is trying to find her own way. Her past was locked away by magic (hiding her own magic, by consequence) and when she unlocks all this via her grandmother’s passing, all hell breaks loose. There’s good witches against bad witches, long lost loves in the form of wolf shifters, fated mates, and some down and dirty threesomes. All of this rolls together to form a paranormal love story unlike one I’ve read in recent history.

I admit to having some trouble getting started with this book. There is a world to be built and I guess I was a little anxious to get to the action (and so much action was to be had… in the bedroom… in the garden… etc.). Cara is pretty much on her own so there’s really just the main characters to worry about introducing, but you can see that this book could establish a town’s worth of books to grow into.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment