Friday, February 23, 2018

Review: About a Vampire

About a Vampire About a Vampire by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to say that I am completely surprised by Bricker's book. We've seen him slowly become more and more annoying and irritated as everyone around him finds their life mates. I had some predictions about who he would end up with but I guess I was completely and totally wrong. I guess I expected a flash forward in time to get him together with the little girl that really won my heart. Sadly (I guess?) he doesn't end up with her and instead ends up with some unknown. Don't get me wrong, Holly is great and all, but I think that it took me a while to get over the flip.

So, Bricker. If you don't know him and are joining the series at book 22, you should think twice. Sure, they can read as a standalone book, but knowing Bricker's past helps me be less judgemental when just about everyone tricks him in one way or another. It was pretty funny and unique a meeting between life mates. Once I got over the whole "Bricker ends up with an unknown" thing, the story was pretty fun.

This story throws in a new twist - what if your identified life mate is already in a relationship (and married!)? Of course Bricker doesn't do anything easy, so I wouldn't expect a very simple HEA story, but don't worry - we still get there. The worst part of this story? I fell in love with Gia and then found out she doesn't even get her own story! Out of all the new characters we have met along the way, I always assumed that she would get her own story at some point, not mashed into another person's tale. I'm very disappointed by that, but at least she got a bit of story. She was probably the highlight of this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment