Monday, October 26, 2015

Review: Maggie for Hire

Maggie for Hire Maggie for Hire by Kate Danley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I stumbled upon this author in a paranormal anthology and immediately fell in love. The blend of cursing, sarcasm and witty banter was simply perfection. This is definitely my kind of book.

Maggie is a tracker that curses like a sailor. She also has the special ability to create openings between Earth and the Otherworld. These skills make her uniquely qualified to handle a job for an elf named Killian. I should stop here and expand on how much I absolutely love Killian. He’s a fun blend of horny teenager, Ren Faire reject, and hilarious sidekick. I wish I could sum up all his awesomeness in a review, but I can’t. You just have to read the book to enjoy it for yourself. So, back to the story, right? Killian shows up with an offer Maggie can’t refuse: hunt down her mysterious evil uncle who wants to mush the two worlds together. Oh, and he’s working with vampires and did I mention evil?

For what starts as a reluctant partnership, Maggie and Killian end up being a perfect match. He is used to being perpetually wanted and she just wants to be left alone. Somehow, this works for them. Between staking vampires and being an amazing fighter, Maggie also suffers from your usual issues – a mom who is overbearing, stress in the workplace, and struggling to pay bills. I can’t put into words exactly how much I loved this book and all its quirky goodness. If your genre is paranormal (even without the romance), this is an absolute must-read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment