Friday, October 9, 2015

Review: Frayed

Frayed Frayed by Stacey Wallace Benefiel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I took a bit of a break between the first and second book so I had some time to recover from the previous ending, which is where this book picks right back up. I definitely don't recommend reading these books out of order, and it helps to know the sister series, too.

Penny thought she might have found her place at the New Society School. Sure, she was still a bit of a weirdo (or her powers made her so), but slightly less than outside those walls. She'd found Wyatt, the sweetest guy in the world, and proceeded to rock his world in the best way possible. These two were shaping up to be a powerhouse couple until Kai's death vision begins to haunt her dreams. This can only mean one thing - she has been tasked with saving Kai's life and living forever with a "trigger" sentence hanging over her head.

To make matters worse, her newly discovered family member happens to be dating Kai, building this into a horrible love trapezoidal mess. Oh, and there's a big bad mystery about what's happening to the people around them. There's sickness, poofing, premonitions, and oodles of badness coming their way. This messy group has to find a way to work together before the world as they know it ends.

There were a lot of revelations in this book and (of course) no solid resolution at the end, leaving me craving more but unable to continue. I guess I'll just have to settle down and wait with the rest of the fans to see what comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment