Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Review: Tempt the Stars


Tempt the Stars
Tempt the Stars by Karen Chance

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



These books are wonderful and torturous at the same time. Cassie is such a tough main character, but it's really unfair how much they throw at her in back-to-back situations. There were some big plot reveals and a teeny tiny bit of Cassie relationship progress (which is enough for me!).

This book picked up after Pritkin's sacrifice, with Cassie determined to rescue everyone's favorite war mage (yay!). There wasn't a whole lot of Mircea, which I rather enjoyed, but might be a downer for the Team Mircea readers out there. While constantly trying to ditch her bodyguards, Cassie hops through time, gets in trouble (obviously), and manages to further grow into her role as Pythia. We learn more about Cassie's past, her mom, her dad, and her powers.

The biggest surprise of the book -- in between dodging attacks, I found myself really starting to love Cassanova in this book. Shocking, I know, but he is thrown into a bunch of really horrible situations and is the only one to retain his sarcastic humor. In reality, the big bad surprise really caught me off guard at the end of the book. It's not really a horrible cliffhanger because there's big events on the horizon, but it still stressed me out pretty badly.

The book is filled with a roller-coaster of emotion -- there's truly depressing scenes, romantic scenes, scary scenes, sexy scenes, and scenes that shocked and amazed. Of course, I'm dying to see what the next book has in store. If there's not some good Cassie romance, I'm going to be seriously pissed. She deserves some happy after all this craziness.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment