Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Review: Meet 100 People: A How-To Guide to the Career and Life Edge Everyone's Missing

Meet 100 People: A How-To Guide to the Career and Life Edge Everyone's Missing Meet 100 People: A How-To Guide to the Career and Life Edge Everyone's Missing by Pat Hedley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After seeing Pat Hedley speak at a work event, I grabbed the book and it was probably a 50/50 chance that it would join the graveyard of books that I've accumulated throughout my career. Lucky for me, this book was small and engaging and I figured I could just read a chapter a week and make my way through it. I had the extra motivation of having a conference coming up that would be an excellent time to put this to good use.

The book tells a good story, selling the reader on the value of networking and how you should progress through your journey. It was good to see things from the different stories told throughout and I found myself particularly drawn to the actionable items. I'm a sucker for strategic goals, so having something solid I could target and work towards was really tempting. Slowly but surely, I made my way through this 100ish page book. I managed to tab a few pages, pull out a few quotes, and even force some suggestions on my husband (who is now building his own business). If you are looking for something to motivate you to improve your networking skills, I would definitely recommend this book. I'm not sure I will actually meet 100 people, but I will definitely value and nurture my network and prioritize meeting people more than before.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment