Monday, February 1, 2016

Review: The Accidental Vampire

The Accidental Vampire The Accidental Vampire by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

OK, when I started this book I didn't know what to think. A vampire who puts an ad in the newspaper looking for a mate? Ugh, I thought this would be the same formula as I've read a hundred times before. I was completely shocked when I found myself completely addicted to this quirky and unique story with the most wonderful characters.

We meet Elvi after she's been turned into a vampire. She lives in a small town where everyone knows one another and she didn't even try to hide her change of nature (not that she could hide being suddenly years younger!). The town that loved her continues to love her in her new state. They all work hard to keep her fed and she works just as hard to live up to their vampire expectations (complete with changing her name from Ellen to Elvi). The ad has unfortunately drawn the attention of the enforcers of their race.

Victor is the lucky one tasked with looking into the extent of the rule-breaking in this small town. The ad, however, appears to have drawn a few suitors for Elvi to meet with. This group of varied vampires ended up winning me over - even the ones who were a little more... abrupt. Elvi, though, was the glue that held them all together. She was just so much fun to read about! Her strange group of friends in town, her even weirder vampire suitors, and her EXTREMELY strange turning makes this a story that is nothing like I've read before.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment