Saturday, July 9, 2022

Fall of Night

Fall of Night (Midnight Breed, #17)Fall of Night by Lara Adrian
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love the Midnight Breed gang in all their weird and messed up glory, but this book was tough for me. I'm all for a redemption story, but had a really hard time getting over Micah's general jerkiness.

Micah is the second generation of Midnight Breed warriors and has a gigantic chip on his shoulder. We meet up with him in bad shape, having watched all his men die after he led them on some sort of fated mission/pull from outside his control. Phaedra, an Atlantean, had a dream showing that exact scene, which means more than it sounds like for her kind. When she and Micah meet, it's obvious that there are forces at play pushing them closer to getting these magical crystals.

Phaedra is great and I loved her from the start. She's got a good heart and is trying to use her powers (or lack of them) and her immortality for good. Upon meeting Micah, however, I was immediately against them pairing up. He is such a ... jerk. He is whiney and abrasive and even after we go through the acrobatics of getting them together I just couldn't get on board. He never got better, there was just more smut. Meh. Maybe it's just me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment