Monday, July 11, 2022

Elder Druid

Elder Druid (Caledonia Fae, #5)Elder Druid by India Drummond
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

These books, I think, are getting better and better. While Munro and Eilidh’s relationship may be headed into bad places, the overall story is rich and engaging.

This book revolves primarily around Trath. He’s the misunderstood guy who has suffered with a mate who doesn’t broadcast that they’re mates. Douglas has some baggage around hooking up with a guy, but Trath’s poor heart is so broken that when he is tasked with wooing a princess for political reasons, he accepts. This book changed my entire opinion of him, making me a true Trath fan. As a bonus side story, we get to see a little bit of a softer side for Aaron. I think if asked what I knew about him I’d only really remember that he was the only one never stopped standing up for Rory throughout his ordeal. Now that he’s got his own responsibilities and baggage, he’s a lot more interesting as a maybe main character.

The big events of this book are all rolled into the ending, which leaves us hanging a bit. So many changes! So many things we thought were set in stone (haha-druids-etc) were not and I can’t believe we only have one more book to wrap things up. Also – are we changing our minds about the possibility of Rory really having feelings again? Are we undoing it all? I’m better with that than where we left things when they reunited.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment