Sunday, August 22, 2021

Big Witch Energy

Big Witch EnergyBig Witch Energy by Kelly Jamieson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a super cute paranormal romance that put a unique spin on a blind date mishap.

Romy has lived her life according to rules, either imposed by her mother (now deceased) or by herself (having grown up in such a fashion). Something weird pushes her to take a DNA test, trying to find her birth father, and that leads her into the wonderful world of witches. Sure, she doesn't get that revelation right away, but there's still a series of events that shake up her world.

Trace was set up on a blind date that ends up being crashed by Romy when his intended doesn't show up. They hit it off, only to find out that they are destined to cross paths beyond their one night romance. The whole witch thing gets in the way again when Trace, who has a big chip on his shoulder, ends up having to tutor Romy for her witch exams. I promise, this seems much more normal in the story than in summary!

The romance and sizzle here was pretty good. They fight their attraction for so long, I thought I was going to expire before they finally ignite. I don't think I've read anything else from this author, but as an intro book it has me hooked! There was some unique and entertaining world building thrown in to the romance that I really appreciated. Oh, and a HEA, of course!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment