Saturday, August 21, 2021

The Sweetest Burn

The Sweetest Burn (Broken Destiny, #2)The Sweetest Burn by Jeaniene Frost
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Oof, this was a tough one. As the “middle story” I should have known it would be trouble.

We join Ivy as she continues to trudge through her “destiny” and navigate the “relationship” she has with Adrian. Adrian appears again, full of promises and apologies but we know that denying their collective destiny will be difficult. There are oodles of half truths that only end up getting them into trouble and a few lies thrown in for good measure. The journey here is to find the second hollowed weapon and defeat the demons, but things are never simple for these two.

There are a bunch of ups and downs alone the way, for their relationship, progress with Ivy’s family and trust, and the inescapable destiny they have to fight. Overall, I would have been happy where we got if not for Adrian making some silly decisions. I mean, yes, they both work hard to make terrible decisions through the book, but Adrian made me want to throw my phone across the room (listening through Audible). I know, book 2 can’t solve everything and has to set up book 3, but it was still super frustrating.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment