Monday, December 30, 2019

Review: The Spellslinger

The Spellslinger The Spellslinger by S.M. Reine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't even know where to start reviewing these books any more. There is so much baggage and world building that happened prior to this installment that you should go way back and start at the beginning in order to appreciate the gravity and importance of everything here.

Lincoln and Sophie are in bad shape at the start of this book and it only gets worse. We pick off where we left off with the whole end of the world business (again). Sophie is still pregnant and Lincoln is still a pretty big jerk. I've never been a real big Lincoln fan, but in this book I turned a page in that book. Everything changes here (maybe even in other timelines and who knows what else? timey wimey and all that...). The ultimate goal of these two is to set things right and head back to their timeline.

Without too many spoilers here - do they do that? Yes? Kind of? Sort of? Only time (ha-ha) can tell if things have been set right or maybe even better than before. Part of me is hoping for changes, part of me is hoping for going back to the old timeline for everyone but Sophie and Lincoln. There's a lot of changes that I cannot wait to see happen between these two, and I wasn't even mad about this wild, messed up universe and all of its graphically awful things.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment