Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Review: The Goddess Gets Her Guy

The Goddess Gets Her Guy The Goddess Gets Her Guy by Ashlyn Chase
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the last of the wild and crazy installments in this world (I think), so maybe this isn't the place to start the series. Instead, if you've been watching this all play out, it wraps up things nicely for all involved.

Gaia, aka Mother Nature, has played a big role in the previous books set in this world. Some more than others, but she is almost always pretty mean about it, even when she's helpful. I have to admit, I had a really hard time liking her. Sure, I guess everybody deserves to get their HEA, but she's just... so... mean. The book starts with her yelling at all her paranormals about breaking her "one rule" again, but then seems to mellow out a bit with the help of her sisters.

Aaron, the father of a set of witches we met previously, finds himself in a bit of a transition. Due to his failing health, he can no longer be a doctor, but without his job he finds it hard to pass the time. His daughter (the one not mated to a phoenix) ends up getting dumped by her husband while pregnant, leaving them to team up and head to Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico is now apparently filled with all our favorite paranormals from previous books and welcomes them with open arms. It's here that Gaia and Aaron end up hooking up.

Again, I had some trouble giving Gaia her HEA, but I supposed everyone deserves one. With all the characters, I also found it a little hard to keep up, so was mostly just along for the ride here. As an ending to this series, it makes sense Gaia would find her match in a human-ish person.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment