Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Review: Sway

Sway Sway by Tawdra Kandle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the 6th book in a series, but can definitely be read as a standalone story. If you enjoy romance, realistically flawed characters, and a nice HEA - this is the book for you!

While the characters are familiar to me from the previous books, meeting them fresh isn't necessarily a bad thing. I have some particularly strong baggage around some of the characters, who I still want to throttle, but I still liked "catching up" with everyone again, from a different perspective. This story is about Gideon and Sarah. Gideon is the QB of the football team we've heard about in previous books. He's a bit of a loner and manages to remove himself from most team activities except where it counts. As a team, they're all good, but are aiming to be great.

Sarah is a women in transition. She's reassessing her path in life when she meets up with some of the Keeping Score gang. They hook her up with some contacts on the west coast and she ends up relocating. Not before the event that tips her life slightly out of balance, though. At an engagement party for mutual friends, she meets Gideon, the silent hottie. One thing leads to another and, much to both their surprise, they end up in a "no-strings" hookup situation. They are both clear about not wanting more but... you know what ends up happening.

Does it take a while? Of course! These two fight against this natural relationship they slowly creep towards, no matter how much everyone around them can see the changes. I love that it isn't just one or the other in this case, though, and they almost team up to sabotage their collective happiness. In the end, however, we get some really good HEA (even for the tree!) and I put the book down with a smile on my face. These books are such a joy to read that I will read them all until there are no more left!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment