Monday, October 28, 2019

Review: The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can Help - Or Hurt - How You Lead

The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can Help - Or Hurt - How You Lead The Silent Language of Leaders: How Body Language Can Help - Or Hurt - How You Lead by Carol Kinsey Goman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Continuing with my trend of alternating with "fun" books and "work" books, I grabbed this one on the recommendation of a course instructor a few months back to work on some leadership skills.

In general, this book blends a scientific approach with cultural norms to give you a playbook for interacting in global corporate companies without overwhelming you. I found it pretty fascinating, since my background is in science and I'm definitely interested in excelling at my global company. Sure, some of the things she says may seem like common sense, but it is still a learning experience to hear it spelled out so clearly.

As someone who likes to travel a lot of pleasure, too, these types of interactive norms discussed can be applied to more than just your professional life. I will definitely be applying some of the principles she discussed in my day-to-day life to see if there is a change in perception and behavior. I would recommend this book to someone in the corporate world - specifically interacting globally also.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment