Saturday, October 5, 2019

Review: Good Leaders Ask Great Questions: Your Foundation for Successful Leadership

Good Leaders Ask Great Questions: Your Foundation for Successful Leadership Good Leaders Ask Great Questions: Your Foundation for Successful Leadership by John C. Maxwell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I picked up this book as part of a leadership program I was undertaking. It was a suggestion from one of the program organizers and it sounded like something that could help me develop better question skills. I've been trying to work on coaching, so I made sure to listen to this pretty regularly as an audiobook.

I knew nothing about John Maxwell when I started. By the end, now, I know a lot more. He's the narrator of the audiobook, which I enjoyed, and he seems genuine in his mission to help leaders develop. Some of his stories revolve around religion, but it never seemed to be preachy or judgement filled for those who do not pray or follow any religious affiliation. The narrative flow of the book largely follows a list of questions people ask (him, his staff, his team, his fans, etc.). I found it very motivation, uplifting, and engaging. I'm not one for reading tons of self-help books, but this one definitely helped me.

There was a lot of focus on self leadership, and that also grabbed my attention strongly. I'm a leader with nobody directly reporting to me, so I was happy to see that you can still continue on your leadership path with or without employees. Influence is key in a lot of these messages, too, which may be my next focus in learning development. All in all, this book got my wheels turning, which was my ultimate goal.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment