Thursday, October 25, 2018

Review: My Familiar Stranger

My Familiar Stranger My Familiar Stranger by Victoria Danann
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

UPDATE: I am re-reading this series from the beginning as part of a book club and, yeah, this book is still really good. While the main character isn't my favorite, the supporting guys are all so unique and I know they ultimately get their own stories (so I'm excited to keep going... again... for real this time).

This book was completely not what I expected. Maybe I suck at reading plot summaries or something but I thought it would revolve around a girl who went from our dimension into some alien dimension. Instead, it is more like the opposite with some differences. Also, I know Black Swan isn't always about ballet but there was none if that in this story. This book was a great setup for a fun series taking place in a sort of Buffy-esque "Unit" compound. A lot of the characters were entertaining and I actually found myself rooting for the wrong guy again. I can't wait to see where this goes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment