Thursday, April 6, 2017

Review: Age of Aquarius: A Save Tomorrow Apocalyptic Novel

Age of Aquarius: A Save Tomorrow Apocalyptic Novel Age of Aquarius: A Save Tomorrow Apocalyptic Novel by Tawdra Kandle
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was everything I wanted in the wrap-up of so many sets of series. If you have known these characters as well as I have, you wanted to see the end of this war as much as they did. All of their individual stories have been leading to this, and it does not disappoint.

Now that we've got all the paranormals we can handle, the big showdown can finally happen. If you're starting here, you should really go back and read from the very beginning. You can watch all of the characters grow tremendously throughout the years. For example, I used to think Michael and Tas were my favorite. Then Jackie and Lucas. Now I'm firmly in the Nell/Rafe camp. Anyway, all of our favorite characters end up joining forces (some a little reluctantly) to fight against a future where evil triumphs.

I can't go into too much detail without giving some major spoilers, but this fight is not without its casualties. The author always knows exactly how to remind you that nobody is truly safe. While they each have to set their own agendas aside to save the future, working together is anything but easy. For starters, they have to fight the past at the same time! Talk about timey-wimey-wibly-wobly!

Oh, and don't worry if this is sounding a bit heavy in the action. There is plenty of time spent with each couple, catching up, finding new stories, and ultimately giving the reader some wonderful nostalgic moments. Overall, everything gets nicely wrapped up, complete with an epilogue that had me smiling from ear-to-ear. And although I spent a bunch of time mooning over returning characters, the newbies hold their own in the story as well. I'm a sucker for a tough chick.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment