Monday, July 25, 2016

Review: The Renegade Hunter

The Renegade Hunter The Renegade Hunter by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am so sad that we still don’t have any real resolution in this book. After the previous 2 books had left me feeling like I was missing something I thought for sure they would deliver in book 3 of this story arc. Instead, what you get at the end is another rushed conclusion, without even finding out who is responsible! Ugh – if I wasn’t assured that eventually we get to find out “whodunit” I would probably just take a break from these books here. The promise of a short story after this was a nice little reward.

So, to go in reverse, the story is about Nicholas, the rogue who has made an appearance prominently in the last story. We know there’s more to the story than meets the eye since he just keeps saving people when he should be a crazy murderer. At the start of this book we join Jo as she is introduced to all of the enforcers (which Sam secretly set up to try to find her sisters life mates). After a night of people staring at her forehead, she tries to get some air and ends up getting attacked. Nicholas (of course) saves her and finds out – surprise! – she is his second life mate.

Aside from the unsatisfying ending of this book, everything else was fantastic. I *love* Jo and wish we could get even more of her. Watching her and some of the stone faced vampires interact was so hilarious I laughed out loud while reading certain sections. Maybe when her other sister hooks up with her life mate we will get another dose of this? I can only hope. I would recommend this book if only it could be standalone. Until I reach the book that wraps all this stuff, I would unfortunately not recommend picking the books up here.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment